Turbines in Northumberland
Benefits of Small Scale Wind Turbines
- Generates a significant amount of free electric for your own use.
- Protection against future rising energy costs.
- Attracts the Governments feed-in tariff, which pays you an amount per kWh of the electricity generated.
- The feed-in tariff is guaranteed by the Government for 20 years and is index linked and adjusted annually.
- Attracts an export tariff for all excess electric exported to the national grid
- Generates power whenever the wind is blowing day or night.
- Reduces your carbon footprint.
- Reduces reliance on national infrastructure and fuel supply
A typical installation of a Kingspan KW6 6 kW turbine at a wind speed of 5.8 m/s will give you a return
on investment of 14.7% over the 20 years offering a 7 year payback. The cumulative benefit over 20
years is £93, 285.
This financial forecast takes into account a very conservative figure of 2.5% fuel inflation taking into
account data not just from the past few years. It also assumes a unit cost of 12.5 p / kWh for
imported electricity costs which is also average.